COVID-19 INFO HUB
COVIDSafe Summer- Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria
Over 4,000,000 Victorians have been tested since the first of January 2020, and this important work still continues.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), call the coronavirus hotline (1800 675 398) for assistance and please get tested.
From 11:59pm Sunday 6 December 2020, Victoria moved to COVIDSafe Summer restrictions. Some changes to these restrictions were made as of 5:00pm, Thursday 31 December 2020.
- There are no restrictions on reasons to leave home- restrictions on gathering still remain in place
- You must carry a face mask when leaving home
- There will be a phased return to workplaces
- Contact and non-contact sport and recreation can resume for all ages, with limits applying to numbers of people
- Shops, recreational facilities, entertainment, hospitality and cultural venues will be open, although there are still restrictions
- There are no restrictions on the purpose, number of visitors or length of time for visiting hospitals and care facilities
- Hospitals and care facilities set rules for visitors
For further information, please visit the vic.gov website (How we live- Information for all Victorians).
COVIDSafe Summer- Restrictions on Gathering
Thursday 31 December 2020, 5:00pm
You can host up to 15 visitors in your home per day. There is no limit on the number of households those people come from.
Attendee limits for funerals, weddings and religious gatherings no longer apply. Venues must apply the two square-meter rule. If a service is conducted in a private home, the private gathering limit applies (15 people).
Sunday 6 December 2020, 11:59pm
Outdoor gatherings in public places increase to 100 people. There is no limit on the number of households those people come from.
For further information, please see the vic.gov website (COVIDSafe Summer).
We are working to update our website as new announcements related to coronavirus (COVID-19) in Victoria are made, to provide you the most up-to-date information and resources if you need assistance during this time.
For educators, parents and teachers: visit our Learning during COVID-19 page
For Business Support: visit our Business Support Page
Useful contacts and links
If you are feeling symptoms, or are in need of an emergency relief package: Victorian Coronavirus Hotline (1800 675 398)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates:
- Latest coronavirus (COVID-19) information
- Business Victoria
- Closures and Restrictions
- Business Victoria coronavirus hotline (13 22 15)
Your rights at work:
Consumer and Tenancy advice:
- Lifeline (Phone 13 11 14)
- Beyond Blue (Phone 1300 22 46 36)
- Kids Helpline (Phone 1800 55 1800)
- 1800RESPECT family violence counselling service (Phone 1800 737 732)
Please remember that during this crisis, wait times for hotlines can be long. Please remain patient. If you require assistance via a hotline, please remain on hold and keep trying.
We’re in this together
It is important to keep in mind that the current COVID-19 situation is constantly changing. Keeping up-to-date with announcements and requirements is essential at this time.
Stay healthy and safe during this crisis and remember to wash your hands.